Creating a wedding to remember
To me, making a memory has a lot (okay, almost everything) to do with the details. When it comes to weddings, there are so many ways – and most of them are super simple – to make your day stand out. Here are the top five ideas that we love –
- Your choice of venue speaks the most about who you are as a couple and sets the tone for the party. Whether you are dreaming of a wooded wonderland, a ceremony overlooking the water or a simple white church on a hill, Oak Hill has you covered! If you like twinkle lights, this is your place.
- The snacks! Who doesn’t love a candy or popcorn buffet (super cute set up in our Country Store)?! Food trucks – yes, please! Coffee and donuts at 10:30pm? SIGN ME UP! There are so many ways to surprise and please your guests (and yourselves!). Provide s’more ingredients at the firepit, incorporate a family cookie recipe into your sweets table or provide candied apples in the schoolhouse. The possibilities are delicious!
- The drinks! Who doesn’t love an open bar? No one! Many couples who want to limit the alcohol provided choose to serve a few options of mixed drinks along with beer, wine and soft drinks. Other couples choose to provide everything under the sun and that’s fine too! Signature drinks are especially popular and often go with the Oak Hill’s theme of country elegance. We’ve even seen drink signs featuring our donkeys…Earl’s Choice and JoJo’s Choice!
- Personalizing a program with a timeline of the wedding day and adding a map of our venue goes a long way with guests. When couples are making the most of the various spaces at Oak Hill, it is helpful to include a map that describes what is happening when and where. Guests are much more likely to visit the Country Store, Schoolhouse and Firepit if they know what is featured in each location.
- Entertainment…even if dancing the night away is your vision, it may not be for every one of your guests. Offering a photobooth (stay tuned for our vintage camper soon to be unveiled!), the firepit, lawn games or even trivia on each table can be great ways to keep your guests engaged for the entire evening. Oh, and cue our miniature donkeys Earl & JoJo to add some special interest to your event!
Some additional ideas to add to the mix include…
- Welcome bags for your out of town guests
- Designing a seating chart to please
- Thinking of guests’ comfort; wraps and flip flops are always a hit
- Lounge areas in and out of the reception area (Oak Hill has plenty!)
- Charging stations throughout the venue
- Creating a wedding hashtag
- Skip traditions that don’t mean anything to you and maybe create something new!
Gatherings & Celebrations
Oak Hill is the perfect location for an extraordinary gathering experience. Is there a special occasion or anniversary in your family? Or perhaps a friend with a milestone birthday? Our many spaces at Oak Hill lend themselves to completely unexpected and remarkable ways to celebrate those whom are important to you.
Micro Weddings & Elopements
Are you struggling with how to make a micro-wedding or elopement fulfill your vision of a dream wedding? Let us help you plan for an intimate ceremony and dinner under the lights. Visit the Schoolhouse and Country Store for cocktails and appetizers and take advantage of all our grounds for a relaxed photo shoot.
Our small stone patio overlooking our pond and fountain is perfect for an elopement or small gathering of 10-15 guests.
Ashley + Connor 10.21.17
Ryan + Jocelyn 9.15.17
Mal + Connor 9.3.16
Kendl + Jake 6.1.18
Picturesque red barns, lush trees, string lights (we LOVE string lights), flowering gardens, horses & donkeys, forests and ponds with history woven in…this is Oak Hill. The photo opportunities are endless and we provide you with a golf cart to easily move about the property.
Oak Hill offers vast array of “vintage chic” design elements to style your wedding (barrels, wagons, signs, chalkboards & more – most at no charge!). We also include complete setup and teardown of all your décor at no additional fee.
The Groom’s Quarters
Our newly constructed Groom’s Quarters features a full-size refrigerator, large screen TV, Wifi, lounge furniture, bar and a prep station complete with a full length mirror. The adjacent outdoor covered patio is a perfect place to relax and socialize prior to the ceremony. Our horseshoe pit is right next to this area and our bags game is readily available. Restroom accommodations are just a step away!